Friday, May 13, 2011

Can't Even Rip a Pack of Cards...

So I am sitting around with time on my hands and I have been dying to blog... Why haven't I? Well... Last Saturday I was at work and was nursing a cut on my hand. I had it all wrapped up in gauze under an Ace bandage under a rubber glove. Anyway, while running a drill press the bandage came loose and got caught by the drill (which was spinning at 3000 RPM) and sucked my hand in. It broke 2 fingers and my hand - 5 fractures. Sucks. My right (write) hand is in a cast from my fingertips to my elbow. I can't write, type, rip a pack of cards or put cards in binder sleeves. I am pretty miserable... Hunt and peck with my left hand aint fun... I just wanted to give y'all an update. I find out on Monday if I need surgery... Gonna try and post, I have been flipping through my binders a lot... I love this hobby! First place baby! Go Rays! troll out.

7 comments:

  1. Yikes! Sorry, man. Hope you're not in a lot of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the good news is blogger has been pitching a fit for the last 36 hours and it's not like anyone has been able to type anything.

    Glad you didn't do more damage. Happy healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awful. Good thing trolls regenerate. Right?

    Your cards were delayed, but should hit the mail today. I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get better soon man, that sounds pretty rough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunatly I know kind of what you are going through. Years ago I was running a CNC mill using a .25" keyway cutter. While adjusting my coolent I got my glove too close and it pulled me in. It was a tearaway glove but it didn't tear away quick enough and it tore the heck out of my wrist. I got lucky that it was high enough towards the top of my wrist that it missed the artery but it was bad enough that when I looked at my arm I could see the bone. Ended up with a real bad ER visit from it. Indian dr, no english, confused nurses, long wait. Plus, you know how they say that the numbing stuff won't wear off before they are done working on you??? Sometimes Drs are wrong...

    Good luck with the hand. I don't want to give you any worse news but if you think it is bad now but the physical therapy afterwards is worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the worst thing ever. I can't believe the luck you keep having.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OW. That sucks. Take care of yerself man.

    I have luckily never banged up my hand before but I bet you can still rip some packs with your teeth if you wanted. Just grab the pack with your left hand, bite onto the flap on the back of the pack and then GRRRAWWWR eviscerate that sucka like a hungry wolf.

    ReplyDelete