Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rolling Out the Hits - 2011 Topps Series 2, Everything MUST GO To Make Room for Allen and Ginter! Come and Get 'Em!!!

Okay, I posted a bunch of my parallel hits from 2011 Topps Series 2. Some have been claimed, but a bunch are still available… I am a little surprised. Nobody wants King Felix in gold? Emerald City? Anyone?
I am not going to repost all of the gold cards. You can find them here. I have only had 4 trades from these cards. I think there is def another trade in there, so get in touch, okay?
I still have a few more hits to post. I actually saved the best 2 hits for this post. Honestly I thought the Blake DeWitt black parallel, number 13/60, was the big hit of the box. I may have been incorrect.
Leading up to the best of the best is a Diamond Sparkle card of former Rays pitcher Mitch Talbot. Talbot is shown as an Indian and I believe he still resides in Cleveland. He won 10 games for the Tribe last year, but he sits at 2-6 this year. I think he is saving it all for the Postseason…
I am at work right now and am working with a kid named Blake. He has no idea who Blake DeWitt is, but thinks guys named Blake need some love, too…
Okay, here is a biggy… I have thirteen (yes, 13!!!) Diamond Giveaway Cards. Normally I redeem these the SECOND I pull them. I don’t know how I have had so much restraint with these, but they are not yet redeemed. I don’t know yet what to do with these. I will take offers. Maybe I will redeem them; maybe they will become a contest perk. Whadd ya’ll think??? I open to suggestions…
Back to the big hits… I was REALLY psyched to pull this ORIGINAL back card of Yogi Berra, 1952 Topps… This is as close as I am to a 1952 Topps card of any kind, especially a HOFer, so... Good stuff and def up for trade…
I do need just a dozen more cards to finish off Series 1 and 2. My want list is up to date and you can find it here. I bought 1 retail pack while at Target yesterday and I pulled a card I needed!!! I got a Kimball mini, too. It was 2 bucks well spent… The card I needed, by the way, is current Rays DH Johnny Damon. I got a bat card of Damon while a Red Sox, in a trade last week. I am ready to re-trade it if anyone is interested. It is from Topps T205. No scan available just yet. For the record, I am a fan of Damon as long as he is with the Rays, but I am not collecting any non-Rays cards of him…
Okay, I have been here at work for over an hour and I haven’t done a damn thing yet. I SHOULD get to work… The BIG HIT of the box is this. A short print, Diamond SPARKLEY card of Giants Hall of Fame pitcher Juan Marichal. I love looking at his career starts on the back. This dude had all the magic numbers. He won 20 games 6 times. He had an ERA under 3 9 times. He completed 20 or more games 5 times and he had 200+ strikeouts 6 times. He won 243 games against only 142 losses over his 16 year career. Yeah, this dude ruled AND this card is super sparkly. Who wants it? Y’all know the rules. Claim in comments and send me an offer in an e-mail. Once again, my 2011 Topps Needs list is HERE!!! Oh, this isn't my last 2011 Topps post... I have a few cards I REALLY like from this series... I plan a post of guys with their GAME FACE ON! Like Mr. Walden here. He is READDY! Go Rays! Troll out.

6 comments:

  1. YOGI Please, Please, Please! I will find something cool for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind trading for some of those diamond giveaway cards. I've got 38 rings and am trying to get 7 more for the complete set @ 45.

    Let me know if I can get 7 or more from you, or what you'd want for them if you decide to trade them. If I redeem anything you want, I'd be willing to trade them back to you on the site for commons. Will video the redemption of the cards if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in the Marichal and diamond redemption cards. I'll send you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be interested in the redemptions as well...I've got lots of Ginter as bait and/or paypal... let me know if you decide to move 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay... Yogi goes to BA Benny... 8 of the 13 redemption cards will go to the Dimwit. IDK3K gets the Marichal and the Talbot is taken, too... I have 5 redemption cards left and will probably flip a coin to decide what to do with them... I didn't realize they would be quite so popular... Thanks to all for commenting!
    troll

    ReplyDelete