Saturday, June 12, 2010

2008 American League Champions Autograph Quest Part 2-From the Wicked Vault!!!

Okay, here is an awesome card that I have been eager to post for some time. This one came to me in a big (unposted) lot from my buddy Wicked Ortega of the My Past Time I Love It blog. It is a 2007 Topps Triple Threads card of Devil Rays catcher Shawn Riggans. This is one of the coolest cards I own. It is a triple relic swatch including a 2-color patch and it is autographed! It is one of those cards that is really awesome, but you kinda wish it was of someone else... I take that back, Shawn Riggans was an awesome guy. He is missed in the organization. He left this spring when he signed a minor league deal with the Mets, but didn't make the club out of spring training. I think he is a man without a ballclub right now. In 2008 he appeared in 44 ball games for the Rays. He added 6 homeruns. He was the only player to spend the entire playoffs on the roster without appearing in a game. As always I owe a HUGE thanks to My Past Time I Love It! for this great card. I just got another package from him with even more goodies! I promise to scan and post them someday! I posted the autos I still need for this project in the side bar. There are 7 players total. Thanks for reading! If anyone knows where Riggans is right now, please let me know... I will try and post one of these per day, so stay tuned! I posted on the Nitty Gritty today for the first time all week. Check it out! I am tomorrow and will try and schedule a full week o posts. Go Rays! Troll out.

3 comments:

  1. Nice card. Is that a patch in the center star?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ, yes it is! That makes it awesome! It is numbered to 25 also...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree totally with SadeRa....I think! One more step on the way to a completed collection! The Wicked One is awesome!

    ReplyDelete