Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Joy of a Completed Page - Yo Mama Junk Wax Era Edition

Here is the third page I filled up from this very addictive subset... This completed page makes me laugh because I wouldn't consider liberating any of the original versions of these cards from the quarter box, but I went crazy trading for these reprints... Funny how Topps made junk wax collectable again... I just saw the sell sheet for the Updates offering and I just happed to have an opinion on it. Stay tuned... Oh, and my 2010 Topps Needs List has been updated one last time this weekend AND I put together a list for 2008 Allen and Ginter too. I JUST finished off the Pioneers of Aviation set. Actually I just organized a trade for the final card I needed to finish it off. Very excited about this one. Now my focus is the Ancient Icons, Baseball Idols, Team Orange and Worlds Deadliest Sharks. Get in touch if you can help. Go Rays! troll out.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, junk wax is right. I haven't looked at them all next to each other like that. I could hardly get mad at mom for throwing those out. Although, mom learned early on to never TOUCH my cards. That's the only time I ever melted down on her. It cost me a whipping when my dad got home, but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story Brian...
    I would have FAR less cards in my collection if it wasn't for Mom. When I moved out she packed up all my cards. She even went to the card shop to buy shoeboxes and stored everything, even all the '87 Topps commons for me...

    ReplyDelete