Monday, December 20, 2010

Are You Ready for some FREE Cards? The CONTEST!!!

Okay. The contest. I will be hosting a special contest here at Troll at the Plate to commemorate getting 100,000 hits on this here blog. There are other things for me to celebrate, too, and that just makes it cooler (to me at least).

Before I get into the contest you will have to indulge me while I share some personal news. It DOES tie into the contest, so…

I, the Troll, am going to be a GRANDFATHER! Yes, a Grandfather. My oldest son Zadeh and his girlfriend Holly are expecting and have been for a while. The wife (Esther Gin N Juice) and I will be heading to Oklahoma City next week to hang out and hopefully meet our new grandson.
I say hopefully because he hasn’t been born yet.

There in is the contest.

I want you folks to guess what time he is born.

Pick a time, any time, once a day until he is born. The winner gets a prize of sweet vintage goodness which will include at least 3 Hall of Famers from the 1956 Topps set. I am not going to tell you who just yet, you are going to have to trust me on this one.

So, beginning today, you can guess a time. If you want to be more thorough, you can pick a day as a tie-breaker. That way more than one person can pick 7:00AM and the day will serve as the tie breaker. If you want to go one step further, you can try and guess his name. I will give you a hint, his name appears in this year’s Allen and Ginter set. It isn’t Prince, Carl, Ponce de Leon, Stegosaurus, Pan or Francisco, but you would be on the right track. So, my dear readers, you can start guessing immediately and closest to the minute will win a pile of 5 (at least) 1956 Topps baseball cards including at least 3 Hall of Famers.

The prizes are good, you want in, trust me. The prize will not be mailed out until after the New Year. I don’t get back to Floriduh until January 5, 2011. I will determine the winner then.

You can enter once a day every day until I close the contest. I will try and post daily to keep up. You can advertise on your blogs, BUT that doesn't give you any extra credit. You need to pick the time and be the closest. For example, if he is born at 7:58 AM and Joe guesses 7:55 and Bob guesses 8:00, Bob would win as he would be the closest. If Bill also picked 8:00, too, then we would go to the tie-breakers.

Okay, that’s it, comment away. Go Rays! Go Grandparents! Troll out.

44 comments:

  1. What what WHAAAAT? Congrats!

    8:32AM
    December 27th
    Chipper, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We (and by we, I mean ME) will take Monday, January 3rd, at precisely 2:15 a.m. I am willing to share my birthday, and the time!!
    Congratulations, let the SPOILIN' begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2:22am (like me)
    Dec 31 (like his grand dad)
    Larry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!

    8:14 AM
    December 28th
    Despite the fact I think Supersaurus would be a great name, I'll guess Rex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dec. 28th, 1:30 p.m., Sherlock. Or Boss Junior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!

    9:38 p.m. Jan. 10th. Clayton!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, no Twins in the '56 set, so let me at least wish you congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!!!

    4:16AM Dec 24
    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!!

    Friday 12/24 at 11:54 AM
    I think Ludwig would be a fun name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunday, Dec. 26, 3:13pm (Eastern). For a name, anything without a C.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, dude!

    I'm going 6:06 AM on Christmas Day.

    I'm saying Jose Reyes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats and best of health to all of you! He'll have the coolest grandpa and baddest grandma on skates. I'll go with 4:33 PM on the 28th. Hernando is his name-o.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! 6:42 PM on the 30th with the name of Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Baby will be born on my birthday at December 29th at 4:30pm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats!

    5:05 AM, Dec. 31. I'll go with Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. okey dokey, for today, I am going to say little baby Cole shall be born on Christmas day, 12/25, at precisely 12:03 am. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Day 2 Guess:

    Dec. 28th @ 8:47PM.

    Evan he shall be called.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe I haven't heard about this until now! Congratulations!

    I'll say 10:13am 12/27, and I'll guess Leonardo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Day 3

    12-27 4:33AM

    I sent you and e-mail. Please take a look...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Day 4

    12-29 9:40 PM

    Hopefully your plane has landed and you are at the hospital by then.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats! Exciting times for sure!

    My guess is 9 AM on 12/28, and I'm not really sure who's in the A&G set so I'll just guess Derek (my youngest son's name, not named after Jeter...but kinda after Eric Davis).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Merry Christmas! Looks like I'm the only one with nothing better to do today than look at card blogs. I got problems.

    Day 6:
    11:59 PM
    Dec 31

    ReplyDelete
  23. Day whatever, guess whatever:

    Dec. 24th, 10:24 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Day 8

    I don't even remember what days/times I have already picked...

    Dec 30 8:55 PM

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dec. 30th 9:47 PM

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Day 9

    12-30
    10:00AM

    Maybe I can win this thing by making the most guesses.

    ReplyDelete
  27. All this time I was thinking the day was the important thing and the time was tiebreaker. Guess it pays to read the rules every now and then...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Day 11!

    1:47 and 30 seconds
    Dec 24th

    Elvis!

    ReplyDelete