Saturday, August 8, 2009

Who Wants Dontrelle's Pants????

I finally gave in and reluctantly joined the Allen & Ginter party, well sort of… A pay day visit to the card shop ended up with me leaving with 10 packs of A & G… For the same cost, I could have left with a nicely centered (with one dull corner) 1965 Roberto Clemente, but I had to see what all the fuss was about. I am hooked. They are awesome! My packs didn’t yield any big hits. One jersey, one sketch card, two black-bordered minis and 4 Rays cards. The sketch was of David Price and it is instantly one of my favorites. I also pulled a Burrell with a huge crease in it, Matt Garza (he isn’t spitting and I barely recognize him) and a National Pride Evan Longoria. The relic card is Dontrelle Willis’ pants. I wasn’t too happy with it. The guy was a Rookie of the Year, a World Champion, 2 time All Star and a 20-game winner, but the season he is having this year, battling anxiety and all-just wasn’t as thrilled as I would have been if I pulled this card in 2005 when he won 22 games… Oh well, it is on the block if anyone wants it. The Rays lost a tough one in 11 innings against the Mariners in Seattle. Langerhans hit a two-strike, two-out, two-run home run for a walk-off win after Jason Bartlett had hit a solo shot in the top of the inning. Pitching Coach Jim Hickey had gone to the mound right before Langerhans stepped in, but he forgot to sniff JP’s butt, otherwise he would have known that his closer was out of gas…
I am going to watch the Port Charlotte Stone Crabs take on the Palm Beach Cardinals tonight; they are in the midst of a pennant race, too.
Go Crabs! Go Rays! Troll out.

3 comments:

  1. I got that Willis card this year, too, and feel the same way as you about it.

    Have fun at the Crabs game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Rays cards in there! Your package went out yesterday, hope you dig the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is just something about Safeco field. Every time I go see the Red Sox up their it does not matter how lousy the Mariner are, they AT LEAST take 2 out of 3 each and every time.

    ReplyDelete