Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm Still Up, Are You??? Babble, Brian Roberts and the Calgary Flames Ahead!!!

First off, I want to thank everyone for their interest in reading my Brian Roberts interview!!! I just REALLY hope that y’all don’t expect me to type it out right now… I had to stay at work a couple of hours later than I had planned. The schedule at my primary job has changed and the third shift no longer comes in on Friday nights, they start their week on Sunday and it ends on Thursday. Anyway, this often means that I have to stay extra late on Fridays to finish things up.

Anyway, after the extra late night, there is ZERO chance of me posting that interview, BUT I did want to thank everyone for their comments! I was super psyched when my Mom told me she had a file of clippings of some of my stories when I was reporting on the Orioles. My Mom rules and I wasn’t really surprised that she saved them, but I was surprised to see them period. It was a neat blast from the past of O’s history, too. I hadn’t thought much about guys like Matt Riley, Luis Matos, Larry Bigbie, Ntema Ndungidi, Rick Elder, Ivanon Coffie or John Parrish lately… Anyway, I will do my best to get it all typed up proper soon.

I SHOULD sign off cuz I need to be at work in about 4 hours AND I am working a double tomorrow, BUT I wanted to show off one more thing… This came from my LCS. Its location has become more ideal of late. Its less than 2 miles from my school and right next to my favorite local coffee shop, The Greatest Coffee. This means I have been stopping in to my LCS at least 3 times a week and every time I stop in it seems like he has something new and awesome. This item falls into the first category, not sure if it falls into the latter.
When I walked in this afternoon the owner said “What would you say if I could guarantee you a jersey in a $3.00 pack?” I quickly handed him $3.00 and he started laughing hysterically, more like maniacally… It turns out he wasn’t talking about a pack of “cards” but it was a jersey. Well, maybe a sweater. Here is a pic of the pack and here is what was folded up inside of it. I believe this is a Calgary Flames jersey. He didn’t have a Lightning sweater and I don’t think the Hartford Whalers were represented, so I just picked one at random. If anyone (and I mean you Captain Canuck) is interested in these little shirts, please let me know your team preference and I will grab ‘em next week… Okay, that’s all for now. Thanks again! I will be posting tomorrow night, starting around 8:00 PM, so I hope to see y’all then! Off to bed. Go Rays! Troll out.

4 comments:

  1. I'd be very interested in the PA teams, Penguins & Flyers, as well as maybe a Phoenix Coyotes or Minnesota Wild. I actually got a Jim Thome mini-jersey off the Bay around Christmas and love it.
    I wish I could find some of these around here, though I don't think my wife or wallet would support me long after...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks my friend, and yes, it is a sweater, not a jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!!! As much as I despise the Flyers, I will try and grab you one Dawg...
    Captain, I have enough rooom in your outgoing package to add 3 of them. Let me know which teams you would like AND if you want the Flames. If you don't, it is officially up for grabs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Troll... Calgary, Montreal, and um... Tampa? That would be appropriate. If not available then pick one of Chicago, Detroit, St louis....

    ReplyDelete