Friday, August 5, 2011

I Now Have a Scanner... A Mike Gellner Post...

So I have been talking about getting a new scanner for a long time now. Well, last week my wife surprised me with a sweet new wireless printer and scanner combo. The first thing I used it to scan is the last card I needed to finish off the 2011 Allen and Ginter Portraits of Penultimacy mini set. I got this card as part of a huge package from Duane of the Democratic Roadkill blog. It shows my blogger buddy and trading partner Mike Gellner and his little son Jacoby. When I saw the card I showed it off to the wife, she flipped it to read the back and when she saw it was in some sort of code, she had to crack it…
She asked me a few questions about Mike and within 5 minutes she told me what she thought it said… I was pretty impressed.
This is what she came up with: “While starting a baseball card collection for his two-year-old son Jacoby, Mike learned about the Ginter Code Promotion and teamed up to co-champion the 2009 Ginter code-cracking effort. Mike and Jacoby enjoy rooting for the Red Sox and collecting cards from their home in Portland, Oregon. “
Oh, by the way, I wanted to show off my Mike Gellner 1/1 with this post. It rules! Thanks for reading! Go Rays! Troll out.

1 comment:

  1. Good for your wife! I have two of these cards and I haven't even bothered to try to crack what's on the back. Now I don't have to!

    ReplyDelete