Saturday, August 27, 2011

More Gint-A-Cuffs Fun...

Moving right along on my 2011 Gint-A-Cuffs adventure, it’s time to rip pack # 6, let’s go!
The first 3 cards out of the pack were yawn inducing… Card #244 of Chone Figgins, #134 of Giants pitcher Matt Cain and card #203 of Aaron Hill… Nothing exciting, nothing that earned me any points, until…
The 4th card out of the pack is card #325 of Marlins right fielder Mike Stanton. This dude is still just 21 years old, he earns the league minimum, was a Topps All Rookie Team selection last year and has 30 homers already this year. Short prints rule and this one earned me 2 points! It also reminds me of a post by the Waxaholic discussing how horrible Marlins attendance has been this year. It is unbelievable that a big league team is drawing that little, BUT a team with amazing young talent like this? F-ing insane.
Anyway, moving on to the 5th card out of the pack, it is card #FF 14, Solferino from the Floating Fortresses set. Nice. This one earns me another 2 points, woo hoo!
The last card in this pack is a little, itty bitty one… Card #PP10 of the Cairn terrier known as Toto. Good for an additional 3 points! I have finished the Portraits of Penultimacy set, so I was a little disappointed with this being my mini, but I will take 3 points, ha! That gives me 7 points for this pack which will be added to the 41 points I already had which give me 48 points (yes, I used a calculator) thus far…
Aside from the Mike Stanton SP, EVERYTHING is up for trade… Get in touch… More Gint-A-Cuffs pack ripping to come, stay tuned… Oh, in case anyone actually read this I am gonna end with a question. A simple yes or no. If you are part of the 2011 Gint-A-Cuffs rip-a-thon - do you still have packs left to rip or to post? Just wondering if I am the only one... Go Rays! Troll out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm finished but I need to remember to post my score on the official site.

    ReplyDelete