Monday, August 8, 2011

My New Brother For the Bucs...

Yesterday I posted up the 14 cards I needed to finish off the 2011 Topps set. Several people in the blog-o-sphere made me offers and right now, pending delivery, my want list has been whittled down to just 3 cards. Thanks to reader Tim and blogger Brian I will just need 3 more cards - they are numbers 35, 331 and 639.

As cool as it is to get this close to finish off a set, I am more excited that I found a great new blog AND a fellow Yankee hating, Pittsburgh Pirates lovin', Rays fan and card collector... New bloggers ask me to pimp their blogs every now and then. This dude didn't ask, he just made me a trade offer and had a link to his blog. I checked it out and felt right at home. I don't know a lot of collectors who seriously chase the Pirates, but this dude has a GREAT COLLECTION!

He chases Andrew McCutchen and Ryan Doumit and like me is a big fan of Garrett Jones. GJ is seriously one of the nicest, most down to earth, friendly and really tall dude in baseball. I have several Garrett Jones stories that I will share someday. I need to get pictures from a friend to truly illustrate it, but I will just say he is a really fan friendly guy who I look forward to seeing in spring training each year. Anyway, I am really taken by this fairly new blog - I love seeing a serious Pirates collector and he has some great stuff. I know a lot of bloggers have a habit of pulling cards of the Pirates, Rockies and Angels and not having anyone to trade them to. Please check out this great new blog and hit him up with your Pirates hits...

You can find it right here, tell him the Troll sent ya! Oh, by the way, it is called the Pirates Treasure Room and he is a huge fan of Ryan Doumit... Oh, this doesn't mean I am done collecting Topps cards of the Pirates from the 50's and 60's. They are still my favorite historic team and Roberto Clemente will always be my favorite player of ALL TIME and Maz, Virdon, Stargell and everyone who played for those GREAT Bucs teams of the 50s, 60s and 70s will always live in my PC. I am just glad to find a fellow Pirates fan AND this dude comes down to Florida for spring training, so there is a chance of getting a face to face blogger meeting.

Please dig through your dupes and find me cards #35, 331 and 639 and send them my way... I will be posting packs 3 and 4 for Gint-A-Cuffs later today, so stay tuned... Go Rays! Go Bucs (it aint over yet!) troll out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pimpage. I also found #35 Shin Soo Choo for you so you're down to needing just 2 cards to complete the set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got you covered on those last two. They're on their way!

    ReplyDelete