Friday, April 30, 2010

Late to the Party With Topps T206

Since I took ten years off from collecting I missed out on a lot of great sets. I am working my way backwards through the Topps and Bowman Heritage sets that I missed along with Topps flagship and Allen and Ginter, but of late my favorite is Topps T206. I didn’t like this set when I first saw pictures pop up and the first Rays cards I got I didn’t really care for, but its one of those sets that has REALLY grown on me. I do admit that I am a neo-vintage obsessed collector so this does fall right into my tastes I guess. This Carlos Pena is one of my favorite cards of him. I haven’t purchased any myself yet, but I am strongly considering it. I wouldn’t mind starting with 2003 first. My introduction to this set was a card of Justin Schuda (who?) but since then cards have trickled in of all my favorites-Gomes, Brazleton, Grieve and a young and toothpick looking BJ Upton. Since I don’t have either year full on the team set I have a page mixed up of both and they all look pretty good together. I know that some people put together Allen and Ginter mini sets of mixed years showing the best card for each number they have. I think I am going to buy a box of 2003 and of 2009 and put together a mixed set. Oh, there are minis too, awesome! I love this hobby! Go Rays! Troll out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you have a chance to get Jose Lobaton signature. He has a Padres card I would like to get signed.

    ReplyDelete