Thursday, May 6, 2010

3 from 3 - Carl Crawford Edition...

My Carl Crawford collection has traditionally been the most disorganized part of random piles of cards. This sucks because it is one of my favorite parts of my collection. I have a lot of them, his cards. A lot of different ones. I don’t know how many. Right now I have a full shoebox. I need to take action. Back when I had about 100 cards I typed out a list. From there when I got new cards I would check against the list and if it wasn’t there, I added it. The past few months I haven’t even done that. I am pretty sure I am getting close to having 300 different CC cards, but I really don’t know. The box is getting more full. The one stipulation is that if I get a card from another blogger it has to be posted before it hits the box. I have a separate box (boxes) for cards that I have yet to post. I also have the top of my desk, the hutch in my dining room and the floor of the extra bedroom. Once posted, the Crawford cards go in the Crawford box. I am that organized. Most other players have their own binder, I have just been lazy with CC. Plus I have many relic cards of him that don’t fit into binder pages. Anyway, today’s quick post will be a 3 from 3-Carl Crawford Edition. Three awesome and new high-end CC cards that can now go into the box to await going into a binder. The box is full, so they will actually sit on the top of the box, but…
Anyway, the first card comes from super trader Wicked Ortega of My Past Time…I Love It! fame. I have many CC cards from him in my unposted box. I also had 15 unposted autographed cards from him in there. Now there are only 14. This is a Just Minors Certified Auto of CC in his Charleston River Dogs uniform. It is a bit odd seeing CC wearing #2 (or a number starting with 2), but the thing I love about getting his older autographs is that his signature is much longer and more legible. I have a ton more cards to post from my neighbor to the south, but I this is 3 FROM 3 and there are two more traders to get to…
Card # 2 comes from Jacob Marley. JM sent me a super awesome package a few months back with a really long (Troll-like) letter explaining a similar incident that he suffered through, having his car robbed while buying a $2000. Roll of tape. He sent a TON (a Wicked-like) of great Rays cards that need posting, but for now here is a 2007 Upper Deck Game Materials jersey relic of Crawford. I really like the silver crest they use to frame the swatch in this series. The card shows 3 different Devil Rays logos on Crawford, I miss that Upper Deck. Anyway, moving right along…
Speaking of people sending a Wicked-like TON of cards-one day I will actually get around to posting all of the great stuff that Chris from Stale Gum sent my way. Literally hundreds of great cards. Several autographs, many relics, black refractors and all kinds of goodies including this autographed mini of Crawford from 2005 Topps Cracker Jack. I am a Topps guy. I love Topps flagship and my favorite sets each year are that and Allen and Ginter and Heritage. I also love their releases that don’t come every year like Bazooka, T-206, Total and Cracker Jack. When I send an autographed card to another blogger it is always right on top in a top loader. This gem was just in the box with the rest of the goodies. The auto is on-card, but even just a few years after the Just Minors card up top you can see the de-evolution of CC’s signature. It has become even smaller in the last 5 years.
Thanks so much to all 3 of these awesome, generous, sympathetic and all around great collectors. One day the Crawford collection will be organized. So organized in fact that I will even have a list of dupes. I think I have mentioned before that my current financial situation is keeping me from buying new product. I still want to keep trading, but my trade-fuel is diminishing quickly. I still have a lot of cards to get rid off and the more time I have to sort, the more cards I find that are expendable. If you are starting a collection of Crawford or Longoria, Price, Upton, Kazmir, Baldelli, Pena or Iwamura, please get in touch. I could set you up with a nice starter lot. Oh, does anyone know how to reach the super kind and awesome Jacob Mrley??? Does he have a blog, please let me know... Thanks again to Wicked, Chris and Jacob M!!! You guys are awesome!!! That’s it for now. Go Rays! Troll out.

No comments:

Post a Comment