Saturday, July 24, 2010

READ ME!!! State of the Troll and Things to Come!

Things to come…
Greetings! Troll here. Very busy. We have family from Maryland visiting, so no time to post. All of the group break stuff is packed up. 10 peoples stuff has shipped and the remainder will go out on Monday or Tuesday. The Bradentucky Bombers Nuclear Bombshells (our B team) is going to Fort Myers for a roller derby Sunday. We will take the family and they will check out derby for the first time. Esther Gin N Juice is strictly A team, so she won’t be skating, but I will be working. Anyway, regarding the group break-all of the participants will receive something this coming week. Some of you are due oversized cards and I have a couple of packs I picked up to post for APTBNL that I will divvy up for you guys too. Anyway, some of you are done, but some might get some bonuses. Some of you got 100s of cards, some less, but most things turned out pretty even. I didn’t count cards, but it wasn’t very lopsided. The two teams that got the shaft were the Rockies and the Marlins. I feel like I owe you guys something. So much that was ripped was late 80’s/early 90’s so the newer expansion teams were underrepresented. The rule is and you all MUST comply-is that you must post at least one card you received from the break on your own blogs and send me a link. I can’t wait for everyone to get their stuff, it was more work than I had intended and I am soooo disorganized that I know now that I am not suited for this kind of stuff. Anyhoo, when I finally got my stuff together I had a blast sorting through all of the cards. There were so many players that I had forgotten about and so many great cards and goofy photos, it was great. I also obsessively added loose packs that were more modern and in the end there were quite a few “hits” and I can’t wait to see the reactions of the lucky ones who are going to get them. Okay, now with the group break done I can move on to some other things. I am going to make the next few weeks theme weeks. The week upcoming (July 26th) is special to me for a number of personal reasons and I am going to make that the first theme week. It will be a Wicked Week of Summer. Ideally it will be seven days worth of cards from the My Past Time…I Love It! blog on all of my different blogs. I realized I have over 400 unposted cards that came from him plus I will also show off some cards of his favorite players. It will be GREAT stuff. Hundreds of cards, autographed stuff, vintage, hits and Rays galore. Stay tuned. The following week will be International Week. It will include trades from the UK, Australia, Asia, South Africa, Canada, France and Mexico. Should I get any more international packages, they will be added too. There are still MANY countries that haven’t traded with the Troll yet. After that, it will be a week of linking your group break posts and a little commentary from me. Okay, so stay tuned and keep coming back. Wicked Week is coming!!! Go Rays! Troll out.

3 comments:

  1. The Troll has gone international!!!!!

    South Africa? Wow, I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the international lineup! My international trades don't consist of much more than a mail guy throwing packages over Niagra Falls to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed as well...that's a lot of goodwill you're spreading around the world. Looking forward to seeing the posts from everyone who will be getting a Trollific package.

    ReplyDelete