Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wicked Week Interupted for the COOLEST CARD in the WORLD!!!

So our company was able to rearrange their schedule and stay a little longer, so I have been away from the computer. Wicked Week may last two weeks, as long as it takes to get it all posted... Anyway, I checked the mail yesterday and got some interesting stuff but the most interesting package had a Big D! Custom Cards sticker for the return address. Some of you might remember the contest that Big D had on his blog Hey That's Mine a while back. Many entered and I was one of the winners. You can see some of the other great customs he made for the winners here. Adrian Peterson, Hunter Pence, Greg Maddux and Orel Hersheshier all shown in one of a kind custom fashion. Big D had revealed all of the winning cards except mine. It took me a while to send photos to him so mine was delayed a bit. Well, I now have the card in my hot little hands. As a winner I had the option to choose any subject that I wanted for the card. I thought about getting Danny Tartabull. I had a few cool shots of him in spring training with the White Sox which I took that would have made cool cards. I thought about Buck O'Neill. I considered Larry Doby, Roberto Clemente and many different stars of Negro League baseball. I considered trying to find pics of my Dad as a drag racer. I thought about adding another one of one card of Carl Crawford to that growing collection. In the end I selected my favorite athlete and favorite person in the world, the legendary Esther Gin N Juice, star jammer for the Bradentucky Bombers roller derby league. It took me a bit to find a suitable photo, but I did. It looks like Big D did some searching himself because he added an inset photo on his own and also added the team logo. Anyway, he did an AMAZING job on the card. I can't put to words how much I love this card and how proud I am to see my wife on a card. Anyway, here it is... Enjoy! Thanks SO much Big D! You outdid yourself on this one. I LOVE IT!!! Go Rays! troll out.

4 comments: