Tuesday, November 3, 2009

2009 Topps Updates Ripfest Part One!

As always I am in a huge hurry. It was a crazy busy day for this Troll, but I got everything done that I needed to do and before I went to work I rewarded myself with some packs of 2009 Topps Updates. I have been dying for these to come out and the hobby shop still hasn’t got its boxes, nor has Target, but I stopped at Wal Mart today and they had blasters and loose packs. I didn’t fall for the blaster gag this time, but did hook up with 31 loose packs! I only had time to rip half of them; the other half will come after work. I did find my first card of Jonny Gomes in a Reds uniform and I definitely want every variation of this one that is out there! I love seeing everyone in their current uniforms and finding this Rickey Henderson card was pretty awesome! I didn't chase series 1 or 2. I bought a ton, but traded almost everything I pulled. I will probably go back and try and build them later, but this set I will be on from the start! I always loved getting the traded sets and these updates and highlights sets really have me sucked in, plus this design and the photography totally rock! I pulled three propaganda poster cards and they are just as awesome as I had hoped. Definitely NEED the Longoria, these ones are on the block if anyone is interested. I do wonder why Adrian Gonzalez has a Brewers logo in the corner. I am confused. Does this go in the stack for Roll out the Barrel or Punk Rock Paint or Padrographs? Two other cards that made me really scratch my head are rookies of Derek Holland and Mark Melancon. I guess their names are sort of there, but there is no foil there. They both came out of the same pack, too. Bizarre! They don’t have names on the front! What is up with that Topps? Are these errors? Were they corrected? Has anyone else pulled cards like this? I was glad to finally get my paws on these, I liked series 1, and loved series two and updates are awesome! I wish I didn’t have to rush off to work… For now, I will sign off with Brooks Robinson, Legends of the Game. I will probably be on the hunt for more of these tomorrow, I love 'em!!! Go Rays! Troll out.

8 comments:

  1. Nice stuff! Any chance I can get that Rickey from you in our next trade, well, after I get you back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can send the Adrian Gonzalez to PRP or ROTB. I already one of those Topps pieces of ****. If you get the McCovey SP I would be interested in that one

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an AWESOME Brooks Robinson! Please let me know if you would trade that card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll patiently wait for your "Iwamura to the Pirates" trade post...
    don't hold back...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep your eyes peeled for any Turkey Reds! Whats up with the variations? I heard the same thing able the Pineapple Express, is Topps doing some funky stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have ripped a few looking for that HENDERSON!!! You got my card Troll. I also like the fact that there are three new Crawford cards in this product.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's unfortunate about the no foil cards. I pulled a few of those from Series 2, which seemed to have seriously degraded quality compared to Series 1. I bought 5 Wal-Mart packs a few days ago, which I will post about eventually. If you end up with any extra Cardinals, you know where to send 'em!

    ReplyDelete