Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More Cards from Cards on Cards!!!

This Friday I got yet another package in the mail from everybody’s favorite Cardinals fan site, Cards on Cards. I don’t know where he keeps finding all this great stuff, but it was another envelope full of great Rays cards, Pat Neshek (my 5th Neshek card) and Brian Roberts. I don’t have a whole lot of time, but I wanted to take a minute to thank Madding and show off a few of my new cards (from Cards on Cards.) First off, he sent me the second to last full sized Goodwin’s Champions card that I needed to finish the Rays team set off, Evan Longoria. I'm not sure how I feel about the background on this one. On the one hand, it really does make the picture stand out, but from a reality standpoint... Is Longo taking a lead off first base in a game being played in a volcano? I am pretty sure there are variations of these that I am missing, but for now I have everyone but Carl Crawford represented in the binder. He also sent my first Brian Roberts Goodwin’s card. He included 5 new B-Robs for the PC and I am now onto my 5th page in the binder. I have more B-Rob cards than Jason Bartlett and Evan Longoria combined-I don’t know if that is a good or bad thing… The card that I couldn’t wait to post was the highlight of the package, I don’t know if anyone else does, but I still go gaga over relics and this is the sweetest looking B-Rob relic I have seen. It comes from the 2006 Bowman Heritage set and this card is the perfect balance of then and now. One half of the card is styled after the classic 1951 Bowman with the name in a black bar at the bottom over a soft focused image, but the other half is Las Vegas style flash. I like that the card is split 50/50 with one half being the card and the other half being solid black with Pieces of Greatness in Las Vegas letters over a really big slice of lumber. This takes the prize as my favorite B-Rob card so far. Thanks so much Madding! In other news, the Rays picked up Carl Crawford’s option for 2010. This is good news, but it doesn’t guarantee that he will play for the Rays, you have to be under contract to be traded too, but it is a step in the right direction. Go Rays! Troll out.

No comments:

Post a Comment