Tuesday, April 27, 2010

More Money Spent...

Part 2 of my shopping spree starts now!
I REALLY wanted to get a NICE Carl Crawford card for my PC. I searched and wasn’t happy with what I found, but bought something anyway just so it wasn’t all a waste of time. I picked up a One of One Carl Crawford 2005 Turkey Red Suede for $249.00 plus 10 bucks shipping. Not my preference, but the clock is ticking…
I do want to point out that if I wasn't in such a hurry, I would have ran away quickly from this seller. 10 bucks shipping? Are you kidding me? I went straight back to vintage and grabbed another card that I have always wanted. Don’t think this makes me a Yankees fan, but I love 1951 and I know this card will always keep from finishing it, so even if it isn’t real, it felt great to “own” a PSA 7 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle for $4195.00. Moving on with the clock ticking, I needed another big ticket item so I went for a classic rookie with another Great of the Game.
For a buck less than 6000 grand I picked up a PSA 8 1948 Stan Musial with free shipping. More expensive than I would have liked, but this is another one of those cards that I dreamed of as a kid…
I’m out of time again… Gotta go back to work. $10,453 more spent. Two classic rookies and a card for my PC. Tune in later for the final installment of how I spent my 50K. Go Rays! Troll out.

1 comment:

  1. Yuck!

    You were doing so good with Page, Robinson, Aaron, and a kick ass Kelly A&G. Then you had to go take a 4K dumpo your collection with that Mantle.

    If you want to see how it's done look here:

    http://thoughtsandsox.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-bat-around-spending-50k.html

    ReplyDelete